Sunday, December 12, 2010

notebook

I am sitting in Barnes and Noble at Tempe Market Place, typing on my new mini-notebook. I purchased it yesterday and this is my intent: to go to my local (Tucson mostly, but we're in Phx for a party last night) cafes and write for myself/creative writing, work writing and do my emails. I have no excuses now that I have outed myself as a writer by submitting my short, short story before Thangsiving to Writer's Digest. And the thought of this kept me from much sleep last night (in addition to a late dinner and too soft pillows). Now I can write whenever and wherever. Of course, that is always true--I have a pencil and pen and paper in my purse at all times. But, I hate to admit it, but writing on the blog gets me past that personal-only mode and into cyberspace where what I can be read by others.

Of course, that reality hit hard last summer when implications of not filtering my thoughts for public review brought me some personal pain. But I think, I hope I have learned my lesson. And that now I can use this tool to expand my horizons as a writer.

At home, I have several poems composed this week but, just for today, I will write this haiku:

Two little girls in
pink satin dresses twirl twice
and click their shoes home.

No comments: