Sunday, February 10, 2013

Simply Sunday

Nothing extra special about the day--cleaned house, had a friend visit and we went to the Windmill Inn (after a nice split sandwich at LIV Cafe) to enjoy The Bead Show. I had just enough time gazing at glass beads, varieties of pearls (textures and color), vintage purses, necklaces and hair pins made out of real iris flowers, hardened by acrylic. Really amazing abundance of jewelry, gems and beads. I didn't buy anything but enjoyed the sense of creativity in the experience. Then, with more leisure time and a sunny day that was cool but comfortable, we visited home decorating shops--The Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel, and Williams Sonoma and, at AJ's, bought marinara sauce and pasta (imported from the Abruzzi area in Italy, where the Fonte family had its origins) for a meal later in the week. My friend wanted some specialty almonds from Trader Joe's so we stopped there and I saw the most gorgeous (and large--both parents were super tall) baby boy, about 6-8 months old. I bought some Tuscan bread which my friend and I soaked in olive oil with Italian wedding soup and salad that we made for an early dinner. For my evening-time, it is Downton Abbey (only two more episodes and then Family Crawley-withdrawal will hit me hard) and maybe some of the Grammy Awards if it's not too obnoxious of a show. I am enjoying bedtime reading of Margaret Coel's books, so I look foward to another chapter of Father John's murder-mystery sleuthing. It's simply Sunday and simple is good. Here's another slow life savor: photo shot from an early January lunch at Hacienda Del Sol and my strawberry mimosa.

No comments: