Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Gratitude

My mammo results came in the mail today: normal.  I said a prayer of gratitude and prayed for all the women facing similar fears, diagnosis, treatments and healing.

Yesterday I did take a bouquet to the imaging center and asked staff to offer a flower to women getting a mammo.  I am going to try to repeat that behavior throughout the coming months.  It is a small action I can take that helps me stay on a healthier and happier path and may "crack some light" into the walls of the waiting room.

On Monday/Passover (and the day my results were written), I acted "as if" and bought flowers for myself.  Later, I received more flowers from my son and family.  The aroma from the flowers fills my home with comfort and love.

 
 

1 comment:

Carolyne said...

Anita, I am thrilled to hear the good results you got from the mammo. I know you were struggling with the fear, but I have to say, your posts to FB indicated someone who was upbeat and turning the fear into joy. The flowers are a wonderful idea! Hugs & Health, Carolyne