Sunday, June 28, 2015

After the rain today

It's been a long time since I posted on this site and I guess it's because I didn't feel my life was "slow."  Just this summer I realize how much of the last year I was spending time with my dad and supporting my husband in care of his dad.

With both dads passing (August, 2014, my dad; November, 2014, Mark's dad) and finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with financial details for both, Mark and I are just now beginning to feel the pace shift down a bit.

This last Monday we resumed our "mountain Monday" practice we tried to maintain since his early retirement and the day trip to Mt. Lemmon was lovely.  In the next few weeks, longer local trips are planned.  So yes, life is slowing down a bit.

After today's rain, it cooled enough for us to eat on the patio and then I picked off dead leaves from my spider plants.  Pretty sunset tonight and even comfortable enough for a walk on Mountain Ave.  Life is good at this moment.

No comments: