Sunday, April 8, 2012

so cute


This is not our new dog, but a borrowed pup from a guest at a friend's birthday party last night. But my hubby thinks this is a cute picture (of the pup) and so I am sharing it. It was a lovely night for a patio party and the planter's moon was just coming up over the Easter skies. The stars were so clear in this rural part of souther Pima County we could have lapped them with our tongues--or so it seemed.
The night before, Mark and I had a "passover for two" (plus the expected guest of Elijah who didn't come for dinner but I suspect he was present earlier in the day in the embodiment of Gray, a yard man we hired to pull weeds and fed with a stuffed ham sandwich before he took his solitary walk to the bus stop--which we paid for along with a tip to go with his hourly wages from Primavera). The retelling of the Passover story in the Fonte-Grushka abbreviated Haggadah, brought us both to tears as we recalled the memories of past Passovers.
As we get ready to go to church (around Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas, the Methodist molecules start bubbling in my soul and I need to appease them with music) on this Easter Sunday--followed by lunch at Cascades with both of our dads and then a walk in Mt. Lemmon--we are adjusting to our new work/semi-retirement schedules, grateful for my recent mammogram results ("no evidence of cancer" which reminds this reader of the mailed report of mortality and randomness, sometimes, of disease), friends, family, the beauty of our simple morning walks which I am able to do two years after my triple ankle break which launched this blogsite.
So, with all that as the background of this picture, I am a pretty happy lady today. Are you happy at this moment? And if not, what kind of cuddly creature could you hold, if you could, that would make you smile?

No comments: