Sunday, March 3, 2013

slowing down after a curve ball

Well, life certainly throws some curve balls our way.  On Friday, my birthday, I enjoyed a lovely lunch at Hacienda Del Sol where my son, their banquet son, took this picture.

Then, by the evening, the mild back ache I have had--on and off, since I did a major housecleaning on Sunday--de-evolved into significant back spasms and pain.  My muscle relaxant pills are out of date, from my ankle injury 3 years ago, so, although they may have a bit of punch, they, plus Aleve aren't doing too much to relieve my situation.  So, a major slow down this weekend with most of my time in a prone position on the couch or bed and "excercise" is limited to slow walks in the neighborhood. 

Gray, however, is a welcome presence of a healthy family member and here he is on the couch with me trying to be stoic) as I watch t.v. with a heated pad on my back.

 
And another, from yesterday morning, as he basks in the sun while we eat breakfast.
 
 
I guess his litter box has a touch of zen garden to it since he doesn't really use it often.
 
 
 

No comments: