Monday, March 11, 2013

Tucson Book Festival and Habitat Booth

I don't think this weekend was a "slow" one--certainly, and gratefully, not like last weekend when I was laid down low with back spasms.  This weekend was all about the Tucson Book Festival and I enjoyed every minute of it.  For us veterans for the Festival, Saturday, cool and damp, had its own charm because the crowd was a bit smaller and so walking around on the Mall was easier.  In spite of the weather, almost all the sessions I attended were full.  I will be writing up my notes in summary form on my other blog but here's a photo, from Saturday, of our time as volunteers at the Habitat for Humanity Booth.  What was very popular were the tables where kids could make and paint their own bird houses.  So many birds, nesting this week, will find a "home sweet home."

No comments: