Saturday, April 27, 2013

Hitting the "pause" button

Well, the past two weeks haven't been slow with the launch and early promotion and distribution of my Talk UP^ Tucson... book.  Here I am with Kevin Jones from Alphagraphics, the local business I hired to print the book.

 
In between the "book stuff", Mark and I have kept up with our daily walks and muddled through the emotional morass of the terror in Boston.  I finally met with the Ex. Director of Ben's Bells which was interesting and had a lovely lunch with two professional colleagues.
 
We heard from our Illinois cousins this week that my Aunt Della, Dad's "younger" sister (at 92) died.  Here are two photos from Mark's 2011 trip to Dundee of her and the Fonte house, designated by the Dundee Historical Society as an example of 1850 era "immigrant housing."  It's been remodelled several times since then:) but my dad and his 7 siblings all grew up in this tiny home .
 
 
We are in the last days of Spring before the summer arrives, and with it, we need to reframe our exercise practices.  But before the four-month heat arrives, we can still savor Spring scenes, arriving with the diverse blooming of cactus in the area.  Here's a photo of such loveliness from our neighbor's front yard.
 
 
So, just for today, mirroring my message from the blooms here, I will be strong, steady and a bit slower to react but quicker to smile.
 
 

No comments: