Sunday, April 7, 2013

Serene Sunday

Yesterday, I pushed myself (and my ankle) a bit too hard (and Friday night I got up from the couch and "danced" with Fred Astaire during a recorded replay of "Easter Parade").  So, today, I needed to slow it down, breath a bit more deeply and just be quiet.  I turned the sound off the Diamondbacks game (hooray for baseball season) and edited my short short stories for the upcoming summer book with the Paradise Writers' Group.  Then, Mark took a break from doing taxes and we went to the DeGrazia studio.  I wanted to DeGrazia's Stations of the Cross which were featured in last week's local paper and revisit the chapel.  We hadn't been back there since New Year's Day.

What struck me as we walked inside the Chapel was radiance of the light.  Because of the change of the season, the shift of the sun, the light pulled in the blue of the western windows, mixed with the color of the walls and, magically, lavendar shone near the altar.  I don't know if Mark's photo captures all that, but here it is.

 
Outside, the bursage (spelling?) is in bloom and its yellow flowers against the saguaro-ribbed fence led me to name this photo, "Flowers and Fence."
 
 
Since we were already in the foothills, we decided to dine early at El Charro and then go to Sabino Canyon for a late afternoon walk.  The shadows were just beginning to slide into the canyon.
 
 
By the time we had finished our walk, it was nearing 6 p.m. and we both agreed: this was a (surprisingly) serene Sunday.
 
 

No comments: