Sunday, May 12, 2013

A nice way to start Mother's Day

I slept in a bit; had breakfast consisting of three mini powered sugar donuts with home-made Starbucks instant coffee, strawberries, and cottage cheese with trail mix.  Planted some flowers and really got my fingers full of dirt, reminding me of the deliberateness of my mom and her planting season (particularly roses) and Grandmother Dice's pansies, lilies-of-the-valley and bachelor buttons (always blue).  I miss them both but so grateful they were in my life for many years; and also grateful for my aunts and "other mothers", particularly Mark's mom, Lila, who taught me how to set a gracious table.

So, after a bit of gardening, I tried out our neighborhood pool and paddled and kicked for about 20 minutes without getting my head under the still-chilly (but refreshing) waters.  Aron called from Hacienda Del Sol where Mother's Day Brunch is in full swing and Mark made me a light lunch while we t.v. watched golfers swing their 7 and 9 irons in Florida/PGA Golf.  I am no golfer, but I enjoy the high caliber players of this sport and love the visuals of the greens and trees and birds singing along the fairway.

We're headed out soon to the UA Art Museum and meeting up with Aron's significant other, Lora, and her six-year-old to see "Jack the Giant Slayer."  Tomorrow, after volunteering at Kellond School, we're headed to Mt. Lemmon and, hopefully, Aron can join us and we'll enjoy the pines and unfurling ferns and wildflowers.  More pics from there if we make it up to the top.  Stay cool as summer beckons!

No comments: