Monday, January 30, 2012

Whoops! There I go Again!

Last week, after being in the magical world of the movie HUGO (which I strongly recommend if you still have an active child-self within you), I went to Barnes and Noble (did you read the sad story in this Sunday's New York Times about the possible demise of B&N and the implied impact to writers and publishers if that happens)--and I bought the book, "You Can be Happy No Matter What" by Richard Carlson.

It's definitely a lighter read than the past couple of books I have read and recommended--all, more or less--in my ongoing process to shift from a belief system of scarcity (anxiety, fear) to a belief system of abundance (creativity, hope, faith, joy). I know, from the other books, that my belief system runs deep in my psyche and I appreciate the possiblity of significant change if I can shift my thinking 2-10% each day. Somedays, like this morning, I feel like I can barely move the needle to 1%. And that's where the hint of this little, simple book comes in...the author suggests that when the negative thinking occurs to simply say "Whoops! There I go again!"

What I like about this phrase is that, in it, there is a hint of humor and lightness rather than blame or shame. Distancing myself with this phrase helped me relax (along with full routine of laps today) and realign my thinking. So, as I write this, I can honestly say I am at the 2%plus grade of shifting toward abundance.

So give it a try, next time you slide away from the Light: "Whoops! There I go again!"

No comments: