Monday, June 18, 2012

Huck Finn at the Phoenix Art Museum

My hubby and I were in Phoenix for two days and we made a visit to the art museum to see their newest exhibit:  Paper, Paper, Paper.  I highly recommend it and it is showing there until mid-September, see www.PhxArt.org for more information.

As we we were walking out into the lobby, I saw this Norman Rockwell drawing of an iconic American folk hero, Huck Finn.  Unfortunately, in order to get the photo on hubby's Android phone camera, we had to accept the glare and reflection of a person standing in the lobby, but, in a way, it works, I think.  I hope you enjoy it and consider reading some Twain during the summer months.  Here's a line about Huck during his summer with Pap:

"It was kind of lazy and jolly, laying off comfortable all day, smoking and fishing, and no books nor study."

2 comments:

Prettypics123 said...

Isn't summer wonderful?!?!

Anita C. Fonte said...

It can be as long as I have access to an air conditioned art museum or a cool pool!