Monday, June 25, 2012

Happiness

I am reading The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin http://www.happinessprojecttoolbox.com/manifesto.html .  This book is helping me to find ways to implement a shift from what may be my genetic predisposition to be pessimistic (50% of a happiness factor) to acknowledge the good things in my life I already have (20% of a happiness factor) and influence my attitude (30% of a happiness factor).

Here are the good things I alread have:  a lovely home, a caring husband, a smart son, creative and supportive friends, pretty good health for my age, abilities to read, write, express ideas, all five senses, abilities to walk, swim, exercise.

Taking on some specific happiness actions today will be:  going to Mt. Lemmon, celebrating my hubby's 60th today with him and our son, watching UA Baseball team in the College World Series.

What good things in life do you have and what actions can you take today to shift your attitude toward happiness?

No comments: