Sunday, July 1, 2012

#Indivisble

In today's NY Times, first section, there's a full page letter from Howard Schultz, Starbucks CEO (and founder).  I read his book, Onward, last year about this time and it provided a lot of inspiration to me about how a real leader moves forward during tough economic times.

Now he/Starbucks is challenging us to find ways to highlight positive stories in our communities that demonstrate our (positive) American character.  While there are lots of negatives about Tucson, there are positives, too, and I have been trying to highlight them in my AnitaWrites blog as "brightspots".http:anitawritesforyou.blogspot.com  .  Today, I think I switched over to Google+ and I hope this all works in a seamless fashion, because, if I can figure out how to tag this with #indivisible, Starbucks will, somehow, collect and amplify this post and my voice.  I believe in the possibilities of a united America #indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.  And I hope, that as we fold into the summer of an election year, we don't discard these possibilities.

So, Happy Fourth of July!

Here's the link to the Letter #Indivisible by Howard Schultz
http://www.starbucks.com/indivisible
and a link to a Starbucks video for #Indivisible and East Liverpool, Ohio http://bcove.me/fwilsdqe

2 comments:

Prettypics123 said...

I'll click on Indivisible Letter and check it out. I like focusing on the successes! Good to hear your voice this rainy morning in Parksville Anita.

Anita C. Fonte said...

Let me know what you think.... I am working on a fall launch of The Community Happiness Project (adapted from The Happiness Project, plus other research of mine) and have talked with my local Starbucks about helping with this. I want to buy one of the East Liverpool "Indivisible" mugs!!