Tuesday, September 25, 2012

More photos from the Getty Villa

I promised you more photos from Mark and my trip to the Getty Villa and here they are: slow down and savor the loveliness in the lines of the columns, statues, flowered ceilings and more.

Venus Alcove
 
Replica of ancient fountain of the Large Fountain at Pompeii: tiles, shells and theatre masks
 
Several fountains had lilies in the water that encourage a lingering look
 
 
In the herb garden this grape arbor offered shady on a sunny late summer afternoon
 
 
In the same garden, this blooming pom tree
 
 
Even the ceilings on the porches are painted, which reminded me of Firenze/Florence Italy. I think this could make a serene computer screen wallpaper.
 
 
Finally, the interior pools and gardens lined with maidens, arms gracefully arched bidding us to be calm.
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

considerwriting.com said...

Thanks for lovely photos of a special place. I'm planning a trip when the Giotto paintings arrive in November.

Anita C. Fonte said...

I would go back for that if I could.