Monday, December 30, 2013

An year is ending, a new, beginning

No photos to share since I am writing this on my new laptop and haven't added any photos since a) the Christmas holiday passed and b) I finally am recovering from the nasty virus going around town (and Kellond School, where I volunteer and suspect I picked up the bug).

I read on FB that the Secret Society of Happy People listed their 10 Happiest Happenings of 2013.  Just off the top of my head, here are mine--what are yours?

1.  Christmas Eve at Aron and Laura's with Izy and Lynette.
2.  September's Long Beach visit for my aunt's 100 birthday party.
3.  Same trip, with my cousin Craig and his wife Lynn, for an all day visit at the Getty Villa.
4.  Taking Izy to one of the last Sidewinders' Baseball game, taking Izy to "Frozen"; hey, just taking Izy anywhere.
5.  Father's Day with both dads, Aron and Laura at Hacienda Del Sol where Aron is banquet chef.
6.  Several day trips to Mt. Lemmon
7.  Bed time reading with Mark and Gray, who curls up on Mark's legs or mine, seemingly depending on Gray's mood.
8.  Afternoons alone or with Mark or a friend at my favorite Starbucks, River and Campbell.
9.  Happiness Community Conversations at Oro Valley and Main Libraries.
10.  Waking up each day, pain free, hopeful and ready to learn/do something--new or familiar; it really doesn't matter.

Hey, I still have to list:
11.  Book signings at Starbucks and Mostly Books.
12.  Handling my first and second self-published books.
13.  Visits to the Tucson Botanical Gardens
14.  Visits to the Phoenix Art Museum
15.  Surprise invite to see ATC's "Xanadu".
16.  2nd Saturdays, Downtown Tucson
17.  Summer Diamondbacks Game
18.  Downton Abbey, Elementary, Sleepy Hollow, Parks n' Rec, Raising Hope
19.  Rereading "Mary Poppins", "Alice in Wonderland", "Alice through the Looking Glass"
20.  Walking with Mark on Mountain Ave., along the Rillito, around Reid Park
21.  Working with 3rd grade readers at Kellond School

okay, that's it for now--but this fun to do.  Hope you try it, too.


No comments: