Saturday, July 10, 2010

from blogging to essays to art journaling

Well, my writing explorations are not ending but expanding. I guess that's what a "kick in the pants" can do--either cripple a person or get him/her turned into a new direction. So a couple of quick updates:

My writing friend/mentor has suggested I work on these entries for future essays (you can comment and let me know if you agree or disagree, have others to add):

6/27 "Poet who lost her words."
4/14 "Magical Moments"
4/26 "Getting Dressed"
5/27 "Effects of a Flower Moon"
6/24 "Midsummer Day"
She also identified the post ankle surgery "26 plus in 24 hours".

I bought the Art Journal magazine yesterday (and a 4x6 inch sketch book) and have several ideas for starting an art journal. I guess, when I went to Florence, I already had begun one, by combining text with bus tickets, receipts, etc. But I didn't know it was an art journal.

As I look at the title selected I think most of them, if not all, could be titles of poems, too. That would be an interesting exercise. So we'll see what happens. If I had a scanner (which I don't right now), I guess there's a way to scan visuals from an art journal onto a website, blog, etc. Since I also have a stories website, I might consider that. We'll "see."

2 comments:

Prettypics123 said...

These are my two favorite sketch journal blogs:
Janas Journal http://janabouc.wordpress.com/2010/07/08/dui-drawing-under-the-influence/

Can't find the other right now. I'll send when I find it. Thanks.

Prettypics123 said...

The other blog is:

Conversations with the Muse
http://susancornelis.wordpress.com/