Thursday, July 29, 2010

after new orleans

I have a lot to write about following my return a six day trip to New Orleans but this probably won't be where I will do it--I have a journal full of food notes, and photos, and bits and pieces of papers, maps, brochures, etc., that I want to try to put in an art journal. But since I haven't written at all, this is a good place to start.

I walked a lot on the trip--maybe pushed it to the edge on a couple of days but it's hard to be in a city like New Orleans and not walk a lot, especially if my travel partner likes to walk. But neither my doctor checkup yesterday (not with my surgeon but with my primary doc) nor my PT session proved to find any negative outcomes from my extended walking, so that's good. I have two tapes on my ankle now instead of one to try to encourage my ligaments to work properly again. It's a bit uncomfortable but I am keeping it on--I kept on the one tape for the whole trip and that seemed to be okay.

Today I had my first counseling session which was put off from April to now, due to the accident. The counselor, a woman, seems nice; we'll see how it goes. With the anniversary of mom's death 8/8 and other issues emerging, I have plenty to work through with a neutral party.

I didn't want to come home to the burden of some of my responsibilities, but I missed the desert, Mark, Aron and Lia--not in that order, or maybe, yes, in that order. I don't like to set priorities so it's the whole package of what I listed that I missed. I didn't miss work; not one bit. I didn't miss emails or websites; not one bit. I missed Star Trek which I couldn't find on the La. channels. Last night we watched it and it was so good--all about the ego and what we learn, even when we are as wise as Capt. Picard. His voice is what I imagine a masculine god's would be--. Not a bad way to go to sleep at night, i.e. listening to the voice of Patrick Stewart.

It's clouding up but I don't think we'll get rain tonight so I watered my plants. During my absence, my "wild" bird of paradise exploded with orange and red colors. A nice image to come home to.

No comments: