Monday, August 2, 2010

the way we live now

If you have access to check it out, there's an interesting essay in this Sunday's NY Times magazine, entitled: "I Tweet, therefore I am."

As you may recall, about a month ago, I made a blog entry that resulted in a widening chasm between myself and my sister. I seem to have become yet another writer of blogs who, unintentionally, posted a reflection that was intended, in my mind, to be semi-private (read by those who I knew were reading my blog) but was, more or less, public. In this article, cited above, the writer asks:

"...when every thought become externalized, what becomes of insight? When we reflexively post each feeling, what becomes of reflection?..."

These are important questions, and, as sister-writers, I thought I would share them with you to ponder, as I do.

No comments: