Monday, July 12, 2010

surgeon's sign off

Just a quick note that Dr. C., my surgeon gave me the "heave ho" and I give the boot the "heave ho", too. She didn't say "heave ho," of course. More like, "we are done here; you are good to go." Some other brief comments about the xrays, my ankle movement (great, excellent), and reassurance about 3 more months of anticipated recovery with swelling and aches. But beyond that, I should be healing up--and no return visit planned unless the hardware (plate and screws) bother me and she has to surgically remove them a year or so from now. I am hoping to avoid that, but just grateful for good healing, good care, loving hubby, supportive friends/chauffeurs and the Grace of a Higher Power.

I read "Bird by Bird" today while in the waiting room and wrote my 300+ words while at Rincon Market, enjoying a cafe au lait and blueberry turnover. I also wrote a poem this morning and will post it later.

No comments: