Wednesday, June 2, 2010

lost a bit

Yesterday I had to hussle in the morning to get to a meeting and when I got home, I was wiped out for the rest of the afternoon. Hence, I forgot to write. And I think not doing the blog contributed to a grey cloud of funk that settled on me during the evening and into the night. So today, even though I am going to the pool shortly, I am making sure I do this.

Part of what set me down the dark path was the compilation of costs to insurance that came in the mail yesterday. It's not so much the costs that were billed, compared to those that were actually paid by insurance to my doctors or UMC, it was reliving the memories of April and all that has transpired since then. Even today, as I did my stretches to prepare to get out of bed, I felt new twinges in my heel. I am pretty convinced twinges are a good sign of healing, but each day continues to bring new sensations.

I am trying to "walk lightly" on my right foot while still resting some weight on the walker. I don't see how I am going to go full weight but I guess I will, eventually. I want to be able to walk to my neighborhood pool in the next two weeks or so. Is that doable? When can I drive again?
I hope some of these questions will be answered on Friday when I see Dr. C.

As for the rest of my mind--I connected okay, I think, to others during the meeting yesterday but trying to listen attentively and then contribute, like other muscle groups that have atrophied, took effort way beyond what is "normal" for me. I did nothing with my creative writing which I need to take up today. But I also have to do some (minimal) May work billing today, so items on my "to do" list are beginning to accumulate.

Someone suggested yesterday (this person, of late, just says the "wrong" things to me, it seems) that my healing is taking long because of my age. I dismissed that idea, but the idea did nag at me as I lost my way out of the Light. Aging was an issue for me before the accident and then I became more focused on just the ankle healing, but aging is real. Still, I don't have to let it define my days. I can regain some balance and not fall off the edge.

1 comment:

Prettypics123 said...

I have to write to feel sane. And yes we are aging and slow is not as bad as it is made out to be! Yes? No?