Friday, June 4, 2010

Lucy and Amy

Well, today I see Dr. C and find out what's what for the next few weeks. I am going to put together a list of questions for her and see what she says.

I slept okay and dreamed about learning (again) how to walk. I don't expect to do it quickly, but I hope I can do more than hobble in a week or two. The stiffness in the tissue or tendons on the foot and behind the ankle seems to be what remains, and the coloring, of course, which is narrowing in length and color.

I don't really have too much to say this morning. I am still on the edge of depression about work being stalled and, with it, my earned income. I did find two writing resources on line, free classes, that I could work with, given my "new" flexibility of time. I know I just need to apply the discipline to do the writing---and let go of what I cannot control at this time.

Most of my outings I do are not "fun" right now and I need to find a way to reincorporate fun into my daily "grind". No brilliant ideas are emerging but at least I have identified an element that is lacking and awareness is a first step. I need to bring Amy Poehler ("Parks and Rec" may have been cancelled and, in any case, NBC isn't doing reruns of it right now) into my life. She so reminds me of Lucille Ball and that's the kind of humor I am looking for.

1 comment:

Prettypics123 said...

You're experiencing another significant loss right now. First your mobility and now your earned income. Of course you feel on the edge of depression. Embrace the loss and move on through. You can do it. You will get through it.