Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sharing my space

I am adjusting to having a guest-helper share my homespace with me, help with light chores, walk the dog, etc. It is an adjustment for me because I like my privacy, I guess, more than I think I do. If it's not challenged, I guess I don't experience how I feel about my boundaries and, particularly with homespace. I think as long as I have a mild sense of control, I will be all right.

Yesterday eve, with the wind blowing from the South, I took my walker and, with boot, hobbled down to the neighborhood corner. It was a haul, and I did see a neighbor on the way which was nice. I am, again, humbled by how little I can do and how slowly I need to do it. I began to fret a bit about how I am going to manage the Denver airport and I think Mark and I need to see if the airlines can accomodate a) my boot and b) a scooter-cart to get me where I need to go. Then, when we get to Deb and Mike's, I will need to be modest in my expectations of what I can do. Twinges, mild ones, prevented my dropping of to sleep right away but I had a pretty good night. My arms ache a bit from the upper body weights I am reintroducing my body to but today I will swim and then, tomorrow, do biking and weights again. Maybe alternating routines for the coming week is a good idea.

I asked for a bit of "help from my friend" yesterday with my writing. I think, since I am enjoying (more or less) my blog, I will focus on non-fiction for right now and just "write". I will be open to the creative urge as it arises but I won't get stuck in frustration if it doesn't. Other work is kind of on the edge right now and maybe there is something "around the corner" that will arise if I just keep moving between doorways (you know: one door closes, another opens--that kind of thing).

With someone else/new in the housespace with me now I kind of feel mentally constrained a bit so this will be short today. Short is okay, even a sentence, one of my readings suggests, counts as writing-everyday.

1 comment:

Prettypics123 said...

Gosh. I would have a hard time with with a visitor that was to stick around me all the time. It would put me on edge. I like my space and freedom - meaning absence of others. You keep moving forward and that's what counts! Have you had a chance to look at my blog? http://acamphosthousewifesmeanderings.blogspot.com/