Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Slow start

I went to bed a bit early (couldn't make it through "Star Trek"; the story was about Diana Troii and I don't like her character) and woke up before 5 with an aching leg (calf area--getting the muscle back, I think) and tossed and turned, so I might nap before going to the Y to bicycle this morning.

Already several growth challenges in the morning--front page news about emerging considerations for cancer treatments, evidence that BP screwed up because they were trying to save money, and a bank overdraft notice that Aron's not balancing (again) his budget. The latter, of course, is the biggest hook I have to avoid because it's an old pattern that he cannot seem to break--even though his recent house move was supposed to lower his housing costs. Obviously, he is overspending on something else. I would so like to think he is "on his way" and I guess he is, but just not the path I prefer.

As to my path--I met with a younger UA colleague yesterday and was more open to a repeat of a suggestion he made to me earlier, that I should be writing about my community experiences so that the "next generation" can benefit from my knowledge. It's another indicator that I should write and I did break into my new writing book yesterday and got through several of the exercises, including drawing a mandala--pretty right brain stuff for me.

In yesterday's mail I just opened today, one of two ordered books came "Predictably Irrational" and I look forward to reading it. Also, got a large packet of materials for the NEH grant that starts in July. I am meeting with my friend/colleague later today and we'll go over those materials together. I also got a new writing magazine, so I can definitely "hear" the message from my Higher Power about what path I need to be walking--even if it is at a slow, awkward pace.

That is how I am beginning to walk around the house. I am leaning on the left side of the walker and trying to let go of the right, putting my weight on the leg, not my arm on the walker. It's a slog but I can carry something in my hand now. I don't like the ruddy color my foot/ankle still takes on when it is not raised but I guess circulation is still not normal. I can feel, along with sluggishness this morning, a bit of frustration with progress coming on, so I do need to get to the Y and do what I can to heal.

short today. and slow.

2 comments:

Prettypics123 said...

Keep on slogging. You'll get there!

Prettypics123 said...

Anita, What about taking your blogging to the next level? Getting a readership? You are a good writer and developing an online readership can show a potention publisher of your work that people like to read what you write. If so inclined, study up on how to "follow" and begin finding blogs you like to read. You can do a "google blog search" to researh your topic of interest and see who else might be writing about it. You could start a new blog on the community organizing stuff to see who might be interested.