Wednesday, June 23, 2010

midsummer night

Tonight is Midsummer Night or Herb Night. I have some herbs in my garden and since I can walk out there, carefully, now I can pick some of my own and keep an ancient tradition alive (fresh rosemary will go well with grilled pork chops).

I slept better last nite with the combo of Advil and small half of muscle relaxant. I will go to the Y to swim this morning (Mark and I bicycled there last night) and I will see if my left side is as taut as it was Monday. I have a physical therapy assessment tomorrow and we'll see what I need to do and how to do it.

I found this quote in a magazine, which I like and will post on my profile:

"There is more to life than increasing its speed."--Mahatma Ghandi

We definitely live in a time of speeded up time. When I watch Star Trek: The Next Generation, one of the things I like is that the tv show is slower than most of the b.s. on television today. Of course, if I want slllloooowwww, I turn on to AMC and watch a 1930-1940s movie. If I do that after lunch, it's like taking a nap pill. I relax, turn off the sound (actors/actresses such as Bette Davis, Spencer Tracy, Cary Grant show a lot in their faces and I don't always need the dialogue), watch the faces and fake Hollywood scenery and nod off for 30 mins.

After my nap today, I will review my new Writer's Digest Mag and do at least one writing prompt. I need to make myself schedule in writing or I won't do it. I think when Rita and I start to work together on my essays (taken from this blog site), I will be more disciplined.

So, I am looking forward to living my slow life today, gathering herbs on Midsummer Night, without back pain and with a slowly improving ankle.

1 comment:

Prettypics123 said...

I love the idea of Midsummer Night. I think an entire post about that might be nice. You sound good Anita.