Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Rhythm for now

I had a really good (considering where I am at) swim today--did several laps with the crawl (forward and on my back) and though it really worked my weaker (now) right thigh muscle, I know it was good for it. My ankle didn't feel as tight in the water either. I was "welcomed" by several aerobic seniors who probably are feeling might spry compared to my walking status. I used to get restless with their slowness and now it is me: another lesson in humility pour moi.

I so enjoy my times of conversation with Susan and Rita and appreciate the extra time they are giving me. I have a couple of other friends also stopping by but, of course, my sister is completely off the radar. I am surprised that I am still surprised by that reality.

Other realities are sinking in, too--wondering where my work income will come from this month, for one; summer is beckoning around the corner but Spring is, thankfully, lingering. I just have to go with the flow and keep my eyes awake for opportunities.

I began to review a couple of chapters in Julie Cameron's "Vein of Gold". Ironically, the last chapter I was working on was about "walking". I put that at the top of my list for elements I want to see manifested in my life: walking again!! Mark ordered new walker pads because my wrists are really aching by the end of the day. Someone needs to put on walkers similar foam cushioned pads as are on crutches. If I sprained my wrist, I would be so screwed since it's only by using my hands and walker that I can get anywhere.

I bought an "easy to read/summer beach" book yesterday and have a film noir on cable right now and both will probably help me catch thirty winks today. I do like my naps and need them since I still wake up around 5 and then shift from by back to my side for another hour or so. Watching "Star Trek" before I go to sleep seems to be helping me nod off without worries, so that's a bit later than usual, but it's my rhythm for now.

1 comment:

Prettypics123 said...

I'm recommending your blog to others that are recovering from illness or injury.